- Pleased with the win against Austin Peay, but recognizes that mistakes were made and need to be addressed in practices this week.
- Ecstatic about the turnover margin and how that is something that has been stressed to the team since the end of the Pitt game.
- Still work to be done in terms of securing the Football
- Likes that the Freshman got some live experience. 25 members of the travel squad are hitting the road for the first time.
- Things to work on for the defense are sound fundamentals and improving the understanding of the defensive structure
- Thinks above all this game will be a test of mental toughness
- The kickoff team must improve tackling. Lane discipline was good, getting guys to ground less so.
- Butch seemed particularly perturbed at the continued questions about a lack of buzz about the team. Still searching for an all encompassing season defining sound bite. Settled for "All In" today.
- Staff spent a lot of time in the off season working on the return game. Scheme might not matter because Ralph Abernathy IV seems to have that it factor as a returner.
- Happier with how the team has progressed and developed from a chemistry perspective.
- A win over Tennessee in Neyland would garner instant credibility for the Cincinnati Bearcats program. Doubly so considering how much time and effort this staff spends recruiting in SEC country.
- Impressed with Tennessee's team speed, or more accurately how much depth there is in that regard.
- Tough to replicate the increased speed of the game in practice, most notably in the terms of special team play.
Travis Kelce will play and could start this week.
The press conference can be viewed in its entirety here.