- just read the CBJ to KY getting serious article (link: http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/11/22/3680038/kentucky-football-coaching-search-butch-jones )and wanted to throw this up before life gets busy. If the guy's willing to entertain frickin' Kentucky, we're screwed if/when Michigan State (flat out, if they call, I say "job well done" and help him pack), Tennessee, or Arkansas call. Might as well be prepared for Life After Butch.
1. Willie Taggart, Western Kentucky Head Coach
- He should be our first choice. Only thing is, he's likely to be Tennessee or Kentucky's 2nd choice too.
2. Bobby Petrino, former Arkansas HC
- i don't think we can afford him, but it's worth the shot. Getting a big money coach might be good for brownie points in ConferencePoach 2014.
3. Luke Fickell, an ohio state university defensive coodinator
- Did an admirable job under wacky circumstances in his year at OSU. I'd like to see what can be accomplished with the stability of Cincinnati (yes, I used the word stability in reference to UC's coaching job. i hope your exploding head didn't ruin your leftovers).
4. Kliff Kingsbury, Texas A&M OC
5. Sonny Dykes, Louisiana Tech HC
- Good recruiter, fun offense, I'd be indulged.
6. Matt Campbell, Toledo Head Coach
- when in doubt, poach the best coach in the MAC. I'd like to see him with a couple years to prove he can recruit, though. likely who we'd end up with.
6. Kerry Coombs, an ohio state university DB Coach