From Jon Rothstein
"We're hoping to have a lot more possessions in our games because we're going to be able to sustain our press" Cronin said. "The biggest change for us is going to be pressing and the ability to bring full-court pressure the entire game. We're going to play 10 or 11 guys."
Music to my ears. I am simply sick and tired of watching UC walk the ball up the court to start offensive possessions. Its a waste of time. Granted, we have heard this refrain before from Mick Cronin, in each of the last three off seasons, and yet the Bearcats have not ranked better than 200th in posessions per 40 minutes in any season since 2009-10, and even then it was barely as the Cats finished 199th.
More from Down The Drive:
- Position Breakdown: Center
- Video: Bearcats Top UConn 41-16
- Gallery: Bearcats Top Connecticut 41-16
- Eddie Gran Silences His Critics With Offensive Outburst.
- Cincinnati Bearcats Dominate From The Start And Beat UConn 41-16