The final margin was 7 points, but the Bearcats dominated large swathes of this game. UC out gained Houston by nearly 300 yards (573 for UC, 278 for Houston), averaged 6.3 yards per play compared to 3.8 for Houston. But turnovers coming from uncharacteristically bad decisions from Brendon Kay kept the Cougars closer than they should have been.
Houston turned the Bearcats over three times inside the Bearcats 20 and directly handed the Cougars 14 points. The Cougars had a grand total of three drives that went for longer than 32 yards and scored all of three points on them. Houston had no business making this a game, but the Bearcats made it one for them with an uncharacteristically sloppy fourth quarter. Still, win is a win, and I will take 9-2 going into the Louisville game.
More from Down The Drive:
- Bearcats At Houston; Keys To The Game
- Bearcats At Houston; Depth Charts
- Bearcats At Houston Prediction Round Up
- Bearcats @ Houston; Down The Drive Staff Picks
- Cincinnati Bearcats At Houston; Venue, Kickoff Time, TV, Radio and Streaming Information