From 2006 through 2010 this was a game the Bearcats dominated time and again. But the tide turned the last two years as Rutgers limited the Bearcats to 6 points. Six points in two games is something of a low for this era of Cincinnati football, doubly so considering that the Cats put up 37 per game when winning five in a row.
This will be the last time that the Bearcats will play Rutgers for the foreseeable future, and going out with a win would be a great close to the series as far as UC is concerned. Getting a win won't be easy, but the defense Rutgers has is several levels below what they put on the field for the past couple of years.
More from Down The Drive:
- Morman Considers Reshirting
- Sunday Morning Links; Football Reaction and Looking Forward To N.C. State
- Gallery: Cincinnati Bearcats 28 SMU Mustangs 25
- Cincinnati 28 SMU 25; Box Score Breakdown
- Student Section Makes The Leap From Kinda Funny To Completely Embarassing