The statistical outliers from this game are so abundant that it makes more sense to list them in bullet point form.
- Shaq Washington, Mekale McKay and Anthony McClung all topped 100 yards receiving, the only other time that happened was against USF in 2010 when D.J. Woods, Armon Binns and Marcus Barnett all topped 125 yards.
- Shaq had 59 touches coming into the game today and zero touchdowns. He touched the ball 8 times today, and produced two scores and 123 receiving yards to go with 40 passing yards and the clear play of the day on his.
- In the first 9 games of the year the Cincinnati offense produced 50 plays of 20 or more yards, an average of 5.5 per game. Against Rutgers the Bearcats produced 11 plays of 20+ yards.
- In a period beginning with the last drive of the first quarter the UC defense forced three and outs on four of five possessions. The fifth was a 9 play 39 yard drive that ended with a punt. That stretch of defensive excellence effectively put the game to bed.
Honestly I could go on and on in this vein, but simply thinking about doing that is making me sleepy. So lets put it as succinctly as possible, the Bearcats kicked all kinds of ass today.
More from Down The Drive:
- Cincinnati Bearcats Blitz Rutgers 52-17, Move To 8-2
- Cincinnati Bearcats At Rutgers: Keys To The Game
- Cincinnati Bearcats At Rutgers; Depth Charts
- Down The Drive Staff Picks; Rutgers
- Cincinnati Bearcats At Rutgers; Kickoff Time, Television and Radio