We'll see how this comes together, but ideally, I'd like to use this as a way to highlight other interesting content, that hopefully relates to the Bearcats in some way, from across the web.
First off, let's begin with some Bearcats athletics...
- Women's Volleyball has put together a No. 26 ranked recruiting class for their 2015 class, according to GoBearcats.com. The Bearcats are coming off a season in which they finished 15-17. The ranking is courtesy of Prep Volleyball.
- Men's Soccer has announced it's 2015 regular season schedule. The Bearcats will host 11 matches and travel for seven road matches. Cincinnati will face three teams that made the NCAA Tournament a year ago (Xavier, Oakland and Tulsa). Last season, the Bearcats finished 5-10-3. The full story can be found here.
- Wednesday, June 17 will be Bearcats in the Ballpark at the Reds game as Cincinnati hosts the Detroit Tigers. Like you needed another reason for peanuts and crackerjacks.
- Speaking of baseball, Cincinnati's Ian Happ is likely a first-round pick for the MLB Draft, projected to go to the Cleveland Indians at 17. He would be the first Bearcat to be drafted in the first-round if that does occur. Merely adding to a long list of accolades, Happ recently earned Second Team Louisville Slugger All-American honors. Here's what Major League Baseball is seeing in Happ at the professional level.
- Sticking with Happ, here's a pretty cool feature with him and former Cincinnati Reds first baseman Sean Casey. The MLB First-Year Player Draft begins Monday, June 8.
- We are now less than a month away from what figures to be the unveiling of the new Under Armour equipment. I am interested to see what changes, if any, are made to the uniforms. The fan and sideline apparel will be great regardless, but I wonder what will be done with those uniforms. Cincinnati has some of the best colors to work with in addition to a storied history and tradition to cater to, so there is quite a bit to work with if they do make changes. Thoughts?
- Tomorrow, we begin the NBA Finals with the Golden State Warriors facing off with the Cleveland Cavaliers in what should essentially come down to Steph Curry and LeBron James doing exceptional things back and forth until the games end in some sort of dramatic fashion. Tying the Bearcats back into the NBA Finals storylines, Bill Koch with GoBearcats.com wrote a wonderful piece about former Bearcat great Derrek Dickey who played on the last Golden State Warriors team to win the NBA Finals. Please take a moment to check it out during your annual NBA Finals rituals.
Speaking of the NBA Finals, who are you expecting and/or wanting to win? I know of the animosity between Cincinnati and Cleveland, but I'm not quite sure how that impacts NBA fandoms.