- Kickoff: 11:30 a.m. (I know, right)
- Television: CBS Sports Network
- Announcing crew: Dave Ryan (play-by-play), Corey Chavous (analyst) and Melanie Collins (sideline reporter)
- Radio: Bearcat Sports Network (700 WLW AM or Internet 973)
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play), Jim Kelly Jr. (analyst) and Tony Pike (sideline reporter)
A critical game in the American Athletic Conference schedule will get underway just a bit early this week, as the Cincinnati Bearcats visit the UConn Huskies for an 11:30 a.m. kickoff at Rentschler Field.
UC will meet up with an opponent it has dominated (10-2 all-time) right when it needs a win. Following another rout at the hands of an AAC foe last week (45-20 to USF), the Bearcats are 0-2 in league play and in desperate need of a victory. With questions swirling around the offense and the quarterback position, plus growing dissatisfaction with Tommy Tuberville among the fanbase, UC can’t afford to let one go on the road.
UConn also finds itself winless in two league tests and 2-3 overall. The Huskies were rolled over by Houston last week and dropped a winnable game against Navy back in September. Bob Diaco and his crew were dealing with more expectation than usual entering 2016, following last year’s bowl appearance, but getting back to one will be an extremely difficult task if the team falls to 2-4 on Saturday.