- Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
- Television: ESPN3 (not technically TV but it can be streamed online)
- Announcing crew: Tom Gelehrter (play-by-play) and Mark Adams (analyst)
- Radio: Bearcat Sports Network (700 WLW AM))
- Announcing crew: Mo Egger (play-by-play) and Chuck Machock (analyst)
- Series history: Cincinnati won the only previous meeting with a 95-71 triumph at Armory Fieldhouse in 1974.
Coming off yet another 20-win campaign and trip to the NCAA Tournament, the Cincinnati Bearcats will open up their 2016-17 season against the Brown Bears on Friday night at Fifth Third Arena.
The Bearcats feature a nice helping of returning talent in American Athletic Conference Preseason Player of the Year Troy Caupain and Gary Clark, last year’s AAC Defensive Player of the Year. Plus there are talented sophomores Jacob Evans and Justin Jenifer and a host of newcomers (Kyle Washington and Jarron Cumberland being the highlights).
Brown went just 8-20 last season and lost its top scorer, but has a talented point guard at the helm in Tavon Blackmon.