- Kickoff: 4 p.m. ET
- Television/Stream: ESPNU/WatchESPN
- Announcing crew: Mike Corey (play-by-play) and Rene Ingoglia (analyst)
- Radio: 700 WLW AM/TuneIn.com
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play), Jim Kelly Jr (analyst) and Tony Pike (sideline reporter)
- Series history: With only two all-time meetings between them, this isn’t one of UC’s most historic rivalries. The Bearcats defeated the Mustangs 41-3 in 2014 during their last showdown, moving to 2-0 all-time against them.
It’s homecoming weekend, ya’ll. The Cincinnati Bearcats could certainly use some home cooking, as they take on an improving SMU Mustangs program this afternoon in Nippert Stadium.
The Bearcats just finished a particularly brutal part of the schedule which dampened the first half of the season. They have lost four-straight games, mostly against American Athletic Conference competition, and are now just 2-5 overall, without a win in league play (0-3).
SMU, powered by an incredibly potent and efficient offense, is a program on the rise in the AAC. At 4-2 and 1-1 in conference action, the Mustangs are on pace for their best season since 2012, which wast the last time they made it to a bowl game. However, they have not had much luck on the road, going 0-2 outside of Dallas.
Check out all our coverage of the game before settling in for another Saturday of Bearcat football.