- Kickoff: 7 p.m. ET
- Television/Stream: ESPN2/WatchESPN
- Announcing crew: Dave Lamont (play-by-play) and Mack Brown (analyst)
- Radio: 700 WLW AM/Sirius XM 81/TuneIn.com
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play), Jim Kelly Jr (analyst) and Tony Pike (sideline reporter)
- Series history: Temple has been really good the last couple years, which is why the Owls have taken the last two meetings with the Bearcats. They also lead the all-time series 11-6-1. UC last defeated the boys from North Philly in 2014 with a 14-6 road victory.
What a day it is to be a Cincinnati Bearcats fan. After watching the men’s basketball team trounce Savannah State, we get treated to a night under the stars to watch the football team take on the Temple Owls at Nippert Stadium while the women’s basketball team opens their season at East Tennessee State.
On the football side of things, UC is coming off its first win since Sept. 23, as a missed field goal allowed the Bearcats to defeat Tulane last weekend. At just 3-6, every game could spell the end for the slim bowl chances still floating around Nippert. We’ll see if UC has luck on this Bearcat-filled Friday.
Temple just beat Navy, ending a two-game losing skid and improving its record to 4-5. Much like the Bearcats, Temple needs to play well these last few weeks to make a bowl. It will come out swinging in this one since the next two games will be difficult (vs. No. 14 UCF and at Tulsa).