It’s fitting that the Cincinnati Bearcats will play the USF Bulls on Saturday night at Nippert Stadium. Night-time games are usually reserved for the big moments, and this week should have some, as two of the top squads in the American Athletic Conference battle it out.
- Kickoff: 7 p.m. ET
- Television/Stream: ESPNU/ESPN app (Here’s a handy guide to what services you can find ESPN and other channels on if you don’t have cable. Shout out to Red Cup Rebellion)
- Announcing crew: Bill Roth (play-by-play) and Mike Golic Jr. (analyst)
- Radio: 700 WLW AM/XM 380/Internet 983
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play), Jim Kelly Jr. (analyst) and Tony Pike (sideline reporter)
- Series history: Cincinnati may lead the all-time series 8-7, but USF has won the last three meetings by an average of 31 points.
November started off pretty well for the Bearcats, who improved to 8-1 overall and 4-1 in conference action with a 42-0 rout of Navy last weekend. They have won back-to-back games and are poised to make a run at the American Athletic Conference crown, even if they have to win out to get the chance.
USF is another team that needs every win the rest of the way to even consider dreaming of an AAC title shot. They’ll also need some outside help, but for now must focus on the task at hand. The Bulls (7-2, 3-2, AAC) have dropped their last two games and not by small margins. They lost by 21 to Houston and by 26 to Tulane. Now they are dealing with a Bearcats team that has been impossible to beat at home (4-0) to this point.