It’s senior day and this is going to be a doozy. The No. 11 Cincinnati Bearcats will say farewell (at least for home games) to Gary Clark, Kyle Washington and walk-on Jackson Bart as they take on the Tulsa Golden Hurricane at BB&T Arena.
- Tipoff: 12 p.m. ET
- Television: CBS Sports Network
- Announcing crew: Carter Blackburn (play-by-play), Pete Gillen (analyst) and Jordan Daigle (sideline reporter)
- Radio: 700 WLW
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Terry Nelson (analyst)
- Series history: This is the only scheduled meeting between these teams for this season. UC swept the season series last year, including an 80-61 win in the American Athletic Conference tournament. UC has won 25 of 37 all-time matchups.
It is impossible to imagine the Cincinnati Bearcats (24-4, 13-2 AAC) without Clark. He has been a driving and dominant force on the interior for the program for four years and next season there will be a big hole left in the paint. Losing Washington will not make it any easier. But the Bearcats can’t focus too much on the distant future, as they still have business to take care of this season. Coming off serving up a brutality to UConn, the Bearcats are still on track to win the AAC regular season crown, but they pretty much have to win out to do it.
Here are their projected starters. I’d imagine Bart will be in the starting lineup in a ceremonial role, but I’m not sure who he’ll replace. Justin Jenifer seems like the likely candidate, but we’ll see.
- Justin Jenifer (G) - 120.4 offensive rating/94.1 defensive rating
- Jarron Cumberland (G) - 107.2/88.2
- Jacob Evans (G/F) - 120.1/86.2
- Kyle Washington (F) - 112.9/84.9)
- Gary Clark (F) - 136.2/79.2
Tulsa (17-10, 10-5) has won six-straight games and suddenly has an outside shot at the NCAA Tournament. Junior Etou will need to keep playing as well as he has to get the Golden Hurricane there. He has been good enough to do it. Too bad for them, UC is standing in the way.
- Sterling Taplin (G) - 112.1/103.1
- Corey Henderson (G) - 114.8/108.4
- Lawson Korita (G) - 109.2/107.6
- Junior Etou (F) - 114.8/102.8
- Martins Igbanu (F) - 110.5/105.0