Cincinnati enters this week at their highest ranking ever — No. 2 — in light of dealing Gus Malzahn and the 3-3 UCF Knights a critical blow thanks to a 35-point beatdown. The action was highlighted by the heroics of Alabama transfer Jerome Ford, who rushed for four touchdowns in the game’s first half.
- Kickoff: 12:00 p.m. ET, Saturday, October 23, 2021
- Location: Navy-Marine Corps Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland
- Television/Stream: ESPN 2
- Online/Mobile App: ESPN+
- Television Announcing Crew: Dave Flemming (play-by-play), Rod Gilmore (analyst) and Stormy Buonantony (sideline reporter)
- Radio: 700 WLW AM/ Sirius 81 / XM 81 / Internet 970 / The Varsity Network: “Search Cincinnati” for mobile devices
- Radio Announcing Crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Jim Kelly Jr. (analyst)
Series History: Despite the notable disparities in talent, Cincinnati actually trails Navy in the all-time series between the two schools. The Bearcats are 1-3 overall against the Midshipmen, with the trio of defeats coming in enemy territory.
Cincinnati currently stands as a 28 point favorite in the latest odds released by Draft Kings Nation, with the overall over/under at 49. Most of the love remains in the hands of the Bearcats plus the OVER, which mainly derives from UC’s necessity to score style points for the CFP committee.
Luke Fickell in co. are 6-1 in their last seven overall and even better — 5-0 — in their last five straight up. On the other hand, the Naval Academy comes in with a record of 1-10 in their last eleven straight up, continuing to skid just two years removed from their double-digit win season in 2019.