We love the Bearcats here at Down the Drive, and we’re assuming that if you’re reading this, you do, too. Here’s your chance to join our team and help us cover the Bearcats this season and beyond.
Down the Drive is looking for its next site manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The manager will be responsible for:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Bearcats sports and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
This is a part-time, remote, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Bearcats and news and is already familiar with Down the Drive.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing or management experience, and a sports-related writing sample. All items should be submitted via our Vox Media Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered.
If you have questions about this role, the application process, or about Down the Drive and SB Nation in general, please contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Down the Drive and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Bearcats from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.