UC started the season off with beat downs over Miami (Ohio) and Murray State at home. The Bearcats then traveled to the Hoosier state to play Indiana in a must-win matchup against a power five opponent, in which they garnered victory 38-24.
Notre Dame enters this week having just witnessed their head coach, Brian Kelly, achieve the moniker as the all-time winning leader in Fighting Irish Football history. The Irish beat down on the Wisconsin Badgers 41-13 to secure a 4-0 start and bragging rights over a Big Ten foe who was supposed to serve as a ruthless early season test.
Now traversing back to the “Holy Land” of South Bend, Jack Coan and arguably the nation’s best run game face their biggest test yet. Cincinnati’s top defense and Heisman hopeful quarterback Desmond Ridder should provide for wondrous showing in light of an essential elimination game and CFP hopeful matchup for both programs.
- Kickoff: 2:30 p.m. ET, Saturday, October 1
- Location: Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend, Indiana
- Television/Stream: NBC
- Online: NBC.com/Mobile App: NBC
- Television Announcing Crew: Mike Tirico (play-by-play), Drew Brees (analyst), and Kathryn Tappan (sideline reporter).
- Radio: 700-AM WLW/ Sirius 211 / XM 202 / Internet 970 / The Varsity Network: “Search Cincinnati” for mobile devices
- Radio Announcing Crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Jim Kelly Jr. (analyst)
- Series History: Notre Dame currently holds a 1-0 advantage in their series history with Cincinnati. The two teams last faced off on Oct. 20, 1900, when the Irish throttled the Bearcats by a score of 58-0.
Cincinnati will advance into South Bend as a road favorite by a total spread of two points. The over/under stands at 50.5 points overall, with the money line being Cincinnati -125 and Notre Dame +105
UC has triumphed against the spread in five of their last six games on the road, most notably covering two weeks ago against Indiana. Brian and Kelly and co, on the other hand, are 4-1 in their last five ATS against the AAC. They last lost at home outright in 2017 vs the Georgia Bulldogs by a score of 20-19.