After a close-knit victory over Navy, the Cincinnati Bearcats are set to face off against Tulane this Saturday at noon. The Bearcats retained a ranking of No. 2 in this week’s AP Poll, edging out Alabama and Oklahoma thanks to a pair of near upsets across college football landscape.
Tulane, which currently sits at a record of 1-6, has lost five straight after a season-opening match that nearly saw the early dethroning of now No. 4 ranked Oklahoma. The Green Wave have since won only one game against an FCS Morgan State team.
- Kickoff: 12:00 p.m. ET, Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Location: Yulman Stadium, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Television/Stream: ESPN 2
- Online/Mobile App: ESPN+
- Television Announcing Crew: Anish Shroff (play-by-play), Mike Golic Jr. (analyst) and Taylor McGregor (sideline reporter)
- Radio: 700 WLW AM/ Sirius 81 / XM 81 / Internet 970 / The Varsity Network: “Search Cincinnati” for mobile devices
- Radio Announcing Crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Jim Kelly Jr. (analyst)
Series History: Tulane leads Cincinnati in the all time series at an advantage of 11-6. Their home site — New Orleans — has served as the site for seven of those triumphs and only three losses.
The Bearcats won the last matchup in October of 2018 by a score of 37-21.
Cincinnati opens up as a heavy favorite of -25 despite failing to cover last week in their 27-20 victory against Navy. The Bearcats are 4-1 ATS throughout their last five games, with the Green Wave 0-5. Tulane has, however, won five of the last nine matchups featuring the two programs.
Saturday’s over/under benchmark is set at 62. Cincinnati has gone OVER in their last five of six AAC games, but again, they failed to do so against Navy’s triple-option offense. Their total of 27 was their second lowest of the season (only behind the South Bend trip).