As Cincinnati’s own Steven Spielberg approaches his 75th birthday, I think it is time to take a look back at his best and worst pictures.
What’s on your list?
Steven Spielberg’s Five Best Movies
1. Duel (1971)
Had a profound influence on my approach to driving and sandwiches.
2. 1941 (1979)
Plenty of Robert Stack.
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Featured a pet snake named Reggie.
4. Catch Me if You Can (2002)
That was some mad dash caper that the kid from Growing Pains got himself into.
5. The Adventures of Tintin (2012)
One of the most visually stunning films of all time. The cascade of colors with which Spielberg adorns Herge’s work are worth the price of admission alone.
Steven Spielberg’s Five Worst Movies
1. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Too many rats.
2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
The snake scene at the dinner table ruined pot pies for me.
3. The Crystal Skull One (Not that Long Ago)
Encourages unsafe behavior around refrigerators.
4. Jurassic Anything
5. E.T. (1982)
The video game was terrible.