Sometimes, as fans, we like to think we control aspects of a game's outcome. I sit a certain way during free throws. After a big play, I always high five my group in Section 208 in a certain order. Obviously, these contribute to every Bearcat win.
Which means we're also capable of jinxing UC, right? Each time I boldly predict a victory and the Bearcats lose, I question whether I should pick them to win again. But playing Houston at home is as close to a slam
ma jamma dunk as it gets...
- Game: Wednesday, January 21 @ 7:00pm ET
- Location: Fifth Third Arena; Cincinnati, OH
- TV/Radio: ESPN News; 700 WLW
This is a game the Bearcats aren't going to lose. Not at home.
The Houston Cougars have yet to snatch victory from an AAC team - including a 5 point loss to East Carolina, a team that's 8-10 on the year.
They have a fairly good starting five, in all honesty. It's their depth - or lack thereof - that's done them in this year. And that lack of depth will most likely be their undoing against the Bearcats.
Redshirt Junior guard Jherrod Stiggers averages 15.5 a game for the Cougars, and he's not afraid to pull up from deep. Stiggers leads the league (and ranks fifth nationally) with 3.9 three's a game.
One last thing: you'll notice the suits and sneakers roaming the sidelines tonight for the coaches. It's Coaches vs. Cancer week; find out more here.
What the 'Cats have to do to win:
- Keep Houston off the boards. The Cougars have three guys that each average over 6 rebounds a game. Who are we kidding, though; this is always a key to victory for the Bearcats.
- Run. Houston's bench isn't as deep as Cincinnati's. I hope to see lots of pressing, trapping, fast breaks, etc. in order to not only push the pace a bit, but to wear Houston out.
Feeling lazy today, so I'll limit it to just that. Don't hate the overconfidence; embrace it. Bearcats win 63-55.