After spending the last couple weeks on the road, the Cincinnati Bearcats will return to Nippert Stadium to host the Navy Midshipmen in an American Athletic Conference battle on Saturday afternoon.
- Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Television/Stream: ESPNU/ESPN app (Here’s a handy guide to what services you can find ESPN and other channels on if you don’t have cable. Shout out to Red Cup Rebellion)
- Announcing crew: Roy Philpott (play-by-play) and Tom Ramsey (analyst)
- Radio: 700 WLW AM/Sirius 135/XM 381/Internet 972
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play), Jim Kelly Jr. (analyst) and Tony Pike (sideline reporter)
- Series history: Navy defeated Cincinnati 42-32 when they played last year. Before that, they had last met up in 1956 and 1940. The Midshipmen won both of those meetings as well.
November is for Nippert. The Bearcats will play three of their final four games of the year at home, including this one. They are 3-0 as the hosting squad this season. On an overall level, they are 7-1 and 3-1 in American Athletic Conference action. Last week, they scraped by SMU 26-20 by way of an 86-yard interception return for a touchdown in overtime by James Wiggins.
Navy is getting back to AAC play this week after losing to Notre Dame 44-22 last weekend. That loss was the Midshipmen’s fifth-straight and dropped them to 2-6 overall. They will need to win out to earn a bowl bid for the seventh-straight season, which will be pretty tough considering this game starts a stretch of three road games in four weeks.