The time has come for American Athletic Conference play for the still undefeated Cincinnati Bearcats. They will get started with a visit to face the UConn Huskies at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Connecticut this afternoon.
- Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. ET
- Television/Stream: CBS Sports Network (Here’s a handy guide to what services you can find ESPN and other channels on if you don’t have cable. Shout out to Red Cup Rebellion)
- Announcing crew: Rich Waltz (play-by-play) and Aaron Murray (analyst)
- Radio: 102.7 WEBN FM/TuneIn.com /XM 387/Sirius XM Internet 977
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play), Jim Kelly Jr (analyst) and Tony Pike (sideline reporter)
- Series history: This isn’t a very long-standing or competitive conference rivalry. The Bearcats have beaten the Huskies in 11 of 14 previous meetings. UC won the most recent showdown, escaping 22-21 thanks to a miss extra point in the regular season finale a year ago. For what its worth, the Huskies have at least kept things interesting at home, where they are 3-3 all-time against the Bearcats.
Cincinnati (4-0) appeared ready to take its first loss of the season last week. However, an epic comeback from the Bearcats allowed them to claim a 34-30 victory and move to 4-0 in the second season of the Luke Fickell era. They must now attempt to win their first conference opener since 2012.
UConn (1-3) was dispatched by Syracuse last week (51-21). It was yet another horrendous defensive effort from the Huskies, who are allowing 54.5 points per game and have not defeated a FBS program since October 21 of last year. Their only win in 2018 was against Rhode Island by seven points.