The Cincinnati Bearcats are set to open up their 2021 college football campaign on Saturday, September 4th, against the Miami (Ohio) RedHawks.
This year’s opening game in the Queen City will mark the 125th skirmish in the Battle for the Victory Bell series, a rivalry known as the oldest out of conference matchup in college football. The two programs last faced off in 2019 and were scheduled to duel it out again in 2020 before the COVID-19 pandemic forced the cancellation of out of conference games across the country.
Cincinnati will enter this week at No. 8 (their highest ever preseason ranking) in the AP Poll. The Bearcats have remained undefeated at home the last three seasons and will be searching for their 21st straight victory at Nippert Stadium. With 16 starters back, the program qualifies as the heavyweight favorite to repeat as American Athletic Conference Champions.
- Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. ET, Saturday, September 4th, 2021
- Location: Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Television/Stream: ESPN+ (Access the game with the ESPN app through an ESPN+ subscription ($6.99 per month/$69.99 per year).
- Online: WatchESPN.com/ESPN
- Television Announcing Crew: Connor Onion (play-by-play) and Bobby Carpenter (analyst)
- Radio: 700-AM WLW/ Sirius 211 / XM 202 / Internet 970 / tunein for mobile devices
- Radio Announcing Crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Jim Kelly Jr. (analyst)
- Series History: Miami (Ohio) leads the Battle for the Victory Bell Rivalry series history with a record of 59-58-7 against the Bearcats. However, Cincinnati has captured the last fourteen straight, including a 35-13 thrashing of the RedHawks back in 2019.
The UC Bearcats open up as 23 point favorites in the 125 edition of the Battle for the Victory Bell rivalry. Miami (Ohio) is 4-1 ATS in their last five duels whereas UC stands at 5-2 ATS in their previous seven. The over/under is set around the 50.5 mark.
In terms of head to head statistics, Cincinnati is 6-4 ATS vs the RedHawks in the last ten skirmishes between the two teams. The over/under in those games is totaled at 2-8.