Fifth Third Arena, the home of Cincinnati's men's and women's basketball and volleyball teams, is finally getting a renovation after the University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees approved the $87-million, privately funded renovation of the arena Tuesday.
Cincinnati Bearcats (@GoBEARCATS) December 15, 2015
"It's a transformational day for UC Athletics and the University," Director of Athletics Mike Bohn said. "We are inspired by the passionate engagement from the Board of Trustees, campus leadership and key constituents who are making a bold commitment to our athletic program and the campus community.
"The cost of the project has grown due to complexities associated with renovating a 26-year-old building in line with our plan to construct a state-of-the-art arena that will be among the finest on-campus facilities in the nation."
The renovation will include a number of different improvements to the 26-year-old facility that was built in 1989. According to GoBearcats.com, the improvements will include:
- Creation of 360-degree seating bowl
- New HD scoreboard
- New Ribbon boards
- New Sound system
- LED lighting system to enhance gameday presentation
- New restroom and concession facilities
- New upper-level concourse with fan amenities, expanded food and beverage options
- New main entrance and plaza with centralized ticketing and guest services
- Upgraded locker room spaces
- Expanded premium seating options, including a courtside club, arena club and concourse club
- Enclosed suites
- Loge seating
- New Bearcats lounge
- Super suites