There’s nothing like a home opener. The Cincinnati Bearcats will play their very own today at Nippert Stadium. While their opponent, the Alabama A&M Bulldogs, aren’t exactly world-beaters, this is still a chance for Luke Fickell and his team to impress the home fans and move to 3-0.
- Kickoff: 7 p.m. ET
- Television/Stream: ESPN3/WatchESPN (Here’s a handy guide to what services you can find ESPN and other channels on if you don’t have cable. Shout out to Red Cup Rebellion)
- Announcing crew: Michael Reghi (play-by-play) and Dustin Fox (analyst)
- Radio: 102.7 WEBN FM/700 WLW AM/TuneIn.com
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play), Jim Kelly Jr (analyst) and Tony Pike (sideline reporter)
- Series history: Tion Green, Hosey Williams and Mike Boone combined for 308 yards and four touchdowns on the ground and the Bearcats routed Alabama A&M 52-10 in the first game of the 2015 season. That was the first and last matchup between these programs before today.
For the Bearcats, today’s mission is simple: keep the good times rolling. Wins over UCLA and Miami-Ohio have positioned UC at a perfect 2-0 even as it played its first two games on the road. A return home should only aid the Bearcats in improving to 3-0. In the last three seasons, they have gone 10-9 at home and 5-12 on the road.
FCS program Alabama A&M has a 2-0 record of its own, but the Bulldogs have not yet faced a team at the FBS level. In their previous 10 tries against such teams, they have lost each time by a combined score of 500-45. They have scored only seven points in their last six games against FBS teams.