I hope you didn’t turn the TV/radio off when the Cincinnati Bearcats last played the Houston Cougars. You may have been tempted to when the Cougars went up by 18 points in the first half, but then you would have missed UC’s resilient comeback.
Tonight, the Bearcats and Cougars will clash once more, this time in Houston, as two of the best teams in the American Athletic Conference settle their differences for the final time. That is unless they meet up in the AAC Tournament.
- Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
- Television: CBS Sports Network
- Announcing crew: Brent Stover (play-by-play), Jordan Cornette (analyst) and Cassie McKinney (sideline reporter)
- Radio: 700 WLW
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Terry Nelson (analyst)
- Series history: Cincinnati has beaten Houston 30 times before. Houston has beaten Cincinnati twice. Ever.
Here we go again. Its another game for the Bearcats (23-2, 12-0 AAC) to prove themselves as the best team in the AAC. The No. 5 squad in the country easily tops the standings thanks to a perfect conference record and a 16-game winning streak. They are ranked No. 3 in the country by KenPom and still have the nation’s second-best adjusted defense. Here are your starters:
- Justin Jenifer (G) - 118.6 offensive rating/92.4 defensive rating
- Jarron Cumberland (G) - 107.0/86.5
- Jacob Evans (G/F) - 121.5/84.9
- Gary Clark (F) - 136.0/.77.3
- Kyle Washington (F) - 116.4/83.0
Houston (19-5, 9-3) is trying to resurrect its AAC title hopes, although that will be a tough task even as it sits tied for second in the league. If the Cougars are going to pull it off, they need to extend their winning streak to four games tonight. Here are their starters.
- Galen Robinson Jr. (G) - 91.9/96.6
- Corey Davis Kr. (G) - 128.1/99.6
- Rob Gray (G) - 118.9/98.0
- Devin Davis (F) - 112.1/93.0
- Breaon Brady (F) - 101.3/91.7