- Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
- Television: ESPN
- Announcing crew: Adam Admin (play-by-play) and Seth Greenberg (analyst)
- Radio: 700 WLW
- Announcing crew: Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Terry Nelson (analyst)
- Series history: This is a great chance for UC to even up the all-time series with the Huskies, who currently lead 13-12. The Bearcats earned that 12th win earlier this month with a 65-57 win in Connecticut. UC has won each of the last four meetings as well.
No. I won’t talk about it anymore. I’ve had enough.
Stop looking at me like that. I refuse.
*increasingly awkward silence*
As if you didn’t already know, the Bearcats (23-4, 12-2 AAC) are riding a two-game losing streak entering this contest, having lost important games against Houston and Wichita State. A once seemingly insurmountable lead in the league standings has now been whittled down to a half game, which means UC has to walk a razor’s edge the rest of the way. Luckily a rematch with the Shockers looms in the distance. Here are your starters.
- Justin Jenifer (G) - 120.8 offensive rating/94.3 defensive rating
- Jarron Cumberland (G) - 107.6/88.5
- Jacob Evans (G/F) - 120.2/86.7
- Kyle Washington (F) - 113.7/85.2
- Gary Clark (F) - 134.3/79.4
The Bearcats still have it much better than UConn, which did beat East Carolina last time out, but that only improved the Huskies to 13-14 overall and 6-8 in league play. Their attempt to reach .500 will have a high degree of difficulty as the Bearcats have won 39 of their last 40 home games ... even if they lost their most recent one. Here are their starters from the last game.
- Jalen Adams (G) - 102.1/108.6
- Christian Vital (G) - 112.9/104.6
- Antwoine Anderson (G) - 96.8/110.2
- Terry Larrier (G/F) - 97.3/110.8
- Josh Carlton (F) - 106.3/106.1